I have been trying for the last few weeks to open a set of files that have been transferred to us.
We've tried the transfer via e-mail, OneDrive, etc. We've tried to transfer them inside a zip file (which has helped in the past), but nothing, we just can't open them and keep getting the attached error message.
The vendor transferring the files has no issues with any of them and they have re-saved them multiple times. Not sure what else we can try, most solutions seem to point out to recovering the project from the cached files, but this is not an option since these files are being transferred.
I also tried resetting our Captivate preferences by using the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file as found in another forum, just nothing we've tried has worked.
We are using Captivate 2017 and we are not opening them from a Network location, they have been saved locally.
It could be any of these situations, however, it reminds me of a similar situation when I worked for my last corporate employer. When we transferred Captivate project files across the shared server, the antimalware software on the network would strip out the components that it interpreted as malware rendering the CPTX files unreadable. If the original author is still able to read the fhe file from their end, have them archive the CPTX file in a password protected ZIP file. This way the software on the server will be incapable of reading inside the ZIP file. This worked for us. Just make sure they tell you the password.
Also, make sure you are opening the file with the same or newer version of Captivate. e.g. Captivate 2017 cannot open Captivate 2019 files and so on.
Another way you could use, after the file is zipped, rename the extension from .zip to .abc or something like that. When the recipient gets the .abc file, have them rename the extension to .zip.
Try to unzip the file at a first level subdirectory, if it opens, move it to the appropriate subdirector. The filename you have is extremely lengthy and, depending on the operating system, could be close to the maximum length for a file (counting from root to subdir1 to subdir2, etc.)
Also, try not to have blank spaces in the filename. Consider using underscores, such as "apa_ecm_module_1_getting_started_final2"
Just a thought.