• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see my mouse!?!? Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't see my mouse!?!? I just downloaded Captivate 2019. (I've used a few different previous versions.)  I cannot see my mouse pointer; I can occasionally tell where my mouse is because a box in the ribbon menu highlights when my [invisible] mouse hovers over it. How can I make my mouse visible? I cannot even use the tool without seeing where I'm supposed to be clicking. Very frustrating because I've spent the past hour trying to find a solution in the online Help. All I found was how to modify the pointer for a specific slide. Just to clarify - this is not for the end user to see the mouse in a recorded simulation. This is for me - the author - to be able to see my mouse so I can create content. As it stands, I can't see my mouse and can't even use the tool. Thanks for any feedback!

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time I hear about such an issue. Can you specify which OS you are using? Is Captivate installed on your system and are the paths in Preferences both pointing to folders on you system as well? Did you have previous versions installed on this system? If yes, can you clean the Preferences please? Look in the sugfolder 'utils' under the installation folder for the file 'CleanPreferences...' appropriate for your OS and run it while Captivate is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I checked what you mentioned above and the rebooted my laptop. Not sure what fixed it, but I can see my mouse in Captivate 2019 and can be productive again!! 🙂 I was so excited to try some of the new features I've been hearing about. But being able to see your mouse is critical. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news! Enjoy the new version, lot to explore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources