• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't type text with special Spanish characters (Captivate 6)

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've just downloaded Adobe Captivate 6 to try it out and found that I can't type some special characters widely used in Spanish language: our accents or tildes (that's the Spanish word for them). That's what I can't type:

• Á or á
  • É or é
  • Í or í
  • Ó or ó
  • Ú or ú

I've checked the fonts on my font manager, but that's not the problem. They're fine.

I've also tried to paste some text with these characters from Firefox and it worked fine. You can see it on the image:

captura.jpg

So I guess it must be some annoying bug.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Iñaki

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this then possibly a MAC vs PC issue?  Could it just be something to do with the specific APPLE keyboard being used?  If the user can try another keyboard perhaps that may solve the issue.  Just a thought...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with two other keyboads and it did't work either... This is so strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

Are you using it on MAC or PC? I'm using the Spanish version on a Mac 10.7.4 with a Spanish keyboard and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Inaki,

I responded previously - the spanish accents work for me. (i.e. the accent key on keyboard)

I have a Spanish keyword with Win XP (English) with Cap 6 (English).

[personal information removed to protect the original poster]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 8, and am having the same problems.  My issue may be slightly different from what y'all are talking about, as I am a high school Spanish teacher, and so there are no Spanish keyboards available.  My students will be working off a standard QWERTY board.  I've tried all the shortcuts that usually work with ctrl and alt keys with no success.  My students will occasionally need to enter those characters, and I've been looking for a way for them to enter that info into the text input boxes, but I'm not finding one.  I've even tried to create a button that will enter the needed characters into the box without any success.  Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?  What am I overlooking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as a complete aside, kinda disheartening that this post is two years old and there is still not a working function for user input for Spanish characters when you're using an English keyboard.  How could this get overlooked?  Unless I'm missing something, in which case I will apologize de antemano.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seis años despues sigue pasando con Captivate 2019. Alucinante.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 en Big Sur, me sigue pasando, esto es un error en Mac,  sigo sin encontrar solución.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola Iñaki. Es totalmente desalentador. Si me dijeran si recomiendo Adobe Captivate mi respuesta es que no. Es imposible escribir un acento. Es un error gigantesco. Sigo sin solucionarlo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources