Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant open a cptx file in Captivate 9

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Message.png

Hi, I am getting this error message when trying to open a file that my predecessor worked on a couple of months ago.  I have gone to the bak file and tried to open it by renaming it without the bak but when I try to open it I get the same error message.

Our IT section and myself have also run the Dcache program recommended by Adobe but it wasnt able to find the file.

Is there anything else that I can do to try and get this file open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Cp9 and someone has opened and edited the file in a later version of Captivate then you will not be able to open it again in Cp9.

What version of Captivate was your predecessor using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

She was using Captivate 9 as well as she updated a project in June this year and I am trying to open it a couple of months later.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you navigate to the actual folder location where the CPTX file is located on the server? If so, make sure you have your Windows system set up to Show Hidden Files and Folders and look to see if you can see a file there with a file ending like LCK or similar.  This is a file that locks the CPTX from being opened by another user.  Your friend might not have closed down the Captivate project in a way that removed the lock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources