• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm new to Adobe Captivate, please help!

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to adobe products, please help if you can!

Question A

We are looking to build a training program for medical students that can be widely disseminated. We would like to capture the responses of these students and also have data on the number of students completing the program, for research purposes. Can we accomplish this without hosting the program on an LMS? Can we host the contents created in adobe captivate on a website?

What is the most cost-effective solution to disseminating a training program created in adobe captivate that can report data on the number of students completing the program and their responses to the survey questions?

Question B

Does captivate have email trigger capability? Is it possible to email results of the program (e.g., question stem and the answer chosen) to participants? I would like to have a text box that says: "Enter your email here" and then have captivate automatically send an email of their results to them.

Regards,

Calvin Do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer to your first question is to use a LMS. Moodle is free You could setup reporting to an internal server but that will require programming skills (pretty heavy).

Same for second question: do not use mail for that purpose. It was take out of Captivate because having it work correctly depends so much on the setup of the mail client on the learner's system. Use a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Lilybiri! If you have time, can you also provide some insight to the following questions, please?

1) We understand an LMS could be an easy solution, but it is also very pricey. We want to know if it is possible to have this training program available to other schools to put onto their own LMS?

2) If we simply publish the program to a website, will we get data on amount of people who has completed the program?

3) If we wanted to add this program to an already existing website, how can we do that?

Best,

Calvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Told you that Moodle is free. I used in the past Claroline as free LMS and it had all I wanted, but I don't think it is available in your region.

If the LMS allows guests, they can log in to your LMS. Or you can offer them the published folders to upload to their LMS.

For a wesite you can use Google analytics, but not sure how accurate that reporting is.

I upload my Captivate tutorials to my domain, insert them in my blog using the URL in an iFrame. Here is an example:

Captivate's Timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources