Highlighted

I'm not able to create Responsive course

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Responsive project and add a course video. Published as SCORM content video and uploaded in LMS. It is not adjusting to the mobile screens which means I'm not able to create responsive content. Please help me with the steps to create responsive elearning content.

SCORM Video File https://we.tl/t-M2kfynx9bM

Captivate mobile responsive file https://we.tl/t-eLgBfvS8MT 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm not able to create Responsive course

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Responsive project and add a course video. Published as SCORM content video and uploaded in LMS. It is not adjusting to the mobile screens which means I'm not able to create responsive content. Please help me with the steps to create responsive elearning content.

SCORM Video File https://we.tl/t-M2kfynx9bM

Captivate mobile responsive file https://we.tl/t-eLgBfvS8MT 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't download files.

Which version are you using? You talk abiout responsive projects, do you mean with Breakpoints or with Fluid Boxes? Two different workflows.

A video itself cannot be fully responsive since you need to keep always the width-height ratio. You can insert a video in a fluid box, but only if you insert it as event video, not as slide video. If you use slide video, do not use fluid boxes, but use the Position properties.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thank your for suggestions. I'm not trying for breakpoints and fluid boxes. I want to add elearning course which will fit both desktop as well as smart phones. Let me explain you the steps that I did.

1. Selected repsonsive project

2. From Media inserted slide video

3. Adjusted Top and Left positions to 0% and object width to Auto and Height as 100%.

Now it worked well in IOS but for Android and desktop it is not working. Refer to the attachments of IOS, Android and Desktop view details. On Desktop left side you can see white space I don't want that be displayed it should fit to the window.

IOS.jpegAndroid.jpegDesktop.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% for both width and height will not work... One of both needs to be set to Auto. You cannot distort a video.

Do you need slide video, why not insert event video in a fluid box?

I even wonder if you would not be better off with a scalable project, since you seem to ignore that for responsive project you normally need to choose between the Fluid Boxes workflow and the Breakpoint views workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I tried event video with horizontal fluid box. It worked now. Thanq.

Question I have is I'm getting white space above and below the video. I want the video Fit to the window. How do I remove that space. Please refer to the attachment for details.

Android 1.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri is probably asleep right now so I will reply. 

You need to go back and read her last reply to you that explained video files retain their aspect ratio (height to width ratio).  So, by definition, a video will only be able to stretch until it hits either the top and bottom or the sides of the available viewing area.

In the screenshot you included, you can see that the video has reached the limits of the WIDTH of the available viewing area and that is why you see space above and below it.  If you turn your phone to landscape view then the video would have a wider viewing area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod... I sometimes refer to the way old movies appear on a 16:9  television, because they were created in the old 4/3 ratio: either part of the movie is cut off vertically or two vertical bands will appear at the left and right side. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0