Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to create a Family Feud game

Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched online and in the Exchange and I couldn't find anything prebuilt for free.  I have some time to dedicate to this project so I think I can do it myself, I just need a nudge in the right direction.

I think it will be easy enough to create the board image and use the Click feature to turn the answers over.

My question is with the scoring.  This game would be used in a group setting.  Only the game host would have a computer to click on the right answers.  Everyone else would just look at the projected image of the screen.

Family Feud has two teams.  I need to do something so that the team in control of the board gets the appropriate points when they answer a question correctly.  What would be the best way to do this?  I am using Captivate 5.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Hello,

I worked this out for the user that asked this question in Captivate 5, but he did not answer after I sent him the link to the file You can have a look at this blog posting. And if this is what you want, you'll find a link to an article that explains all advanced actions.

Creating a game results board

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I devloped a whole family feud game in HTML5 (including audio feedback) earlier this year if you are interested in it. It has scoring, tracks the wrong answers (and will automatically swap the sides when 3 incorrect answers are given), and more.

I also build a basic tool to create and edit questions/answers.

Does if have to be in Captivate, or could you use the HTML version?  (I ran it in Chrome.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested in seeing this if possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have created sounds perfect!  Would you please share it with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like a copy of your production or any way of learning how you did it. Please email Brian  at disneynut@earthlink.net if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I worked this out for the user that asked this question in Captivate 5, but he did not answer after I sent him the link to the file You can have a look at this blog posting. And if this is what you want, you'll find a link to an article that explains all advanced actions.

Creating a game results board

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@waltdesign&dev: Is the HTML5 game still available?  I would LOVE to see that!  You can reach me at hallmant[at]gmail.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is your online game out? I'd like to use it for my family home games. I am using a powerpoint I bought on etsy. I am willing to pay you. it could even be an offline game in a folder .html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources