• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make an overlay skip button with an on/off function.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for Google Translate. I am a beginner of Captivate. I am using Captivate 2019. I want to make a button that allows you to freely skip the overlay. Is it possible? If possible, how can I make it?
TOPICS
Advanced actions , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to understand your question. Can you confirm that:

• you talk about an interactive video with overlay content/knowledge check slides?
  • you want a button visible all the time to allow to 'skip' the next overlay slides?

If that is the case, will try to find a workaround, which is not so easy because those overlay slides do pause the video and are normally compulsory. I will see if it is possible to cut the pausing as short as possible so that it looks like the video is continuing but maybe bit stuttering? Have to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.  

Yes, I tried to make skip on/off button in interactive video.

But I think I have to find another way. or I try to cut short.

I have one more question. 

'Is it possible to create a button that was pressed first but works after the video ends? '

I would be so useful and happy  if you could answer this question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need an answer to the original question anymore? 

For your second question: What is the action triggered by that button?  You will have to use detecting the frame number of the end of the video (if it is slide video) or use JS to detect the end of eventvideo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to the original question is sufficient. thank you!

The button's action trigger is Jump to Bookmark. Whenever the button is pressed, I want to move to another bookmark after the video is finished. I'm using slide video, but I don't know how to use detecting the frame number of the end of video....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you want that move only after the video is finished, why not use the timeline and have the button timeline start at the end of the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources