Identify unused Captivate Styles

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9.0.2.437

Can unused styles be identified?

I have inherited a project with multiple captivate source files that contain way too many styles in it.

I'd like to delete unused styles, but I cant identify which ones are in play and which ones are unused. Please send free advice if there is a utility or easy method to identify any styles that are not used in a cptx.

My goal would be after the styles are cleaned up (unused removed) I would export each source file's styles in the manager and import all of the exported styles into new source files.

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about an easy way to detect unused object styles.  Just want to tell that object styles are only one component of the used theme. Do you have a lot of content master slides (second component)? Exporting/importing styles was the used workflow before Captivate 6. Are you on such an old version? Since CP6 you save the theme and apply the theme. Do all the projects use the same theme and theme colors palette?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have found an answer--I had a boatload of styles in one of my projects too, and I suspected most of them were not used. So I went into the Object Style Manager and started deleting the ones I didn't think were used. Most of the time it just let me delete them. But on a few of them, it asked me to choose a replacement style. I assume those are the ones in use.

Hope that helps!

Kathryn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines