• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image resizing

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: When exporting as HTML5 does Captivate resize images used in the lesson?

If I place a 1920x1080 image on the stage and then resize it to 1024x768, on publish, is Captivate resizing/resaving the image as 1024x768?

Or are my viewers having to download a 1920x1080 image that is being resized by the browser?

It is hard to tell because all the images get converted in to JSON. The file size of the combined SCORM package does not seem much different if I use large images resized in Captivate or properly size images in Photoshop before importing them.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

I posed this question to the engineers at Adobe and got this response:

"Captivate sends different DataURI for original image(1920x1080) and the resized image(1024x768).

Browser itself does not do any resize on images. It renders what is sent by Captivate.

Yes, Captivate does resampling on resized images.

You need to try this for your project and observe if still you are facing latency issues.

Photoshop workaround will also work in this case. I could see comparable results."

The bold, red underlining i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the image to be as crisp as possible, create (or resize) it in a graphics application in exactly the same size you need.

It will also keep file size as low as possible. Besides that choose an appropriate format for the images. If they look fin in SVG format, you wouldn't have to bother about quality nor file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posed this question to the engineers at Adobe and got this response:

"Captivate sends different DataURI for original image(1920x1080) and the resized image(1024x768).

Browser itself does not do any resize on images. It renders what is sent by Captivate.

Yes, Captivate does resampling on resized images.

You need to try this for your project and observe if still you are facing latency issues.

Photoshop workaround will also work in this case. I could see comparable results."

The bold, red underlining is my edit to highlight the answer - yes, if you import a large image into captivate and then resize it, Captivate is resampling the image when it published the project. Thats probably the "Optimizing Content" step in the publishing process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources