• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image used as Button Not Pausing Slide

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a Captivate 2019 project (not responsive) and want different slide to pause to allow learners to read and view rollovers and other learning interactions. However, the slide plays super SUPER fast and the images as buttons will NOT pause. The images are behind the rest of the slide content, they are set to PAUSE AFTER a few seconds but they never stop the slide. I've created other projects and this has never happened.

The only way I got it to work was to put in a shape object and turn it into a button. Why aren't images as buttons working?? Please help.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 11.5.1.499? You are not talking about Image buttons (old type, will edit the title of the thread), but about an 'image' used as a button. Is it a bitmap image or a SVG?

Can you post a screenshot of the timeline, and of the Properties panel of the 'image', tab Actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura

Have you tried inserting a click box over the image you want to use as a button?

The Properties menu on the click box give the option to "pause until user clicks" this should stop the project from continuing and act as a button.

Thanks 

Paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to tell you but that is not a good idea at all, very OLD workflow. OP wants to use an image as a button, which is new in the most recent release of Captivate. For previous versions since Captivate 6, you should use a shape filled with the image, not a click box over an image. That will be even impossible in a Fluid Boxes project. I expect the click box to be deprecated in a future release.

Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources