Highlighted

Image Zoom

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Adobe Captivate 2019. The Learning Interaction Image Zoom works fine in the editor, but stops working when it's published. The only way I have found to make it work is to publish as both HTML5 and SWF and to host it to a server. The issue is that we're moving away from SWF.

Is there any way to make this work as just HTML5? If not, will Adobe be updating Captivate to allow this? SWF will not be supported for long, and Captivate feels like an application that Adobe is neglecting.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image Zoom

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Adobe Captivate 2019. The Learning Interaction Image Zoom works fine in the editor, but stops working when it's published. The only way I have found to make it work is to publish as both HTML5 and SWF and to host it to a server. The issue is that we're moving away from SWF.

Is there any way to make this work as just HTML5? If not, will Adobe be updating Captivate to allow this? SWF will not be supported for long, and Captivate feels like an application that Adobe is neglecting.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload to a webserver after publishing for testing or did you just test locally? Which browser(s) did you try?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried this and reproduced the issue in FireFox. I also exported to SCORM Cloud. The widget tooltip is "Widget: ImageZoom.swf" so that probably explains why.

Hopefully this will be updated for HTML5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All learning interactions were originally created as SWF, but have been made compatible with HTML output. Not sure what is going on for this one, I rarely use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did search here (and your blog but might have missed the relevant information!) yesterday for other options. I know I can add a zoom effect but this is time limited. The functionality of the widget is good, if only it would work in HTML5. I have opened a ticket with support about this so hopefully will hear back soon. When I do, I will update this thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Zoom is one of the more recent interactions, would be astonished if it didn't work for HTML5 output. I didn't test all interactions in-dept, but expected that it would work like the other ones - some of them being much older. Waiting for the answer of Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0