Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import caption text to notes pane for audio file generation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂 ,

I just wanted to check if there is an option to use the callout text reflect in the notes pane for audio generation.

Currently, I'm using copy - paste; copy text from callout and paste in the notes pane, and generate audio.

Please share your thoughts on how to have it updated automatically, if possible.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The notes panel doesn't have the ability to import text from another component of Captivate.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul for the quick response, appreciate it! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practice is actually NOT to have the voiceover audio repeating exactly what appears in the captions on screen.  This has been supported by several scientific studies.  It might seem counter-intuitive (unless you have read the research), but by forcing the learner to read exactly the same text they are trying to listen to in the audio the overall effect is to depress learning, not enhance it.

If you want to learn more about this finding, I recommend you look into the books by Ruth Colvin Clarke entitled "E-learning and the Science of Instruction".

Keep the text on screen minimal.  Use supporting graphics where ever possible (not for eye-candy) and use the audio voiceover to tell a compelling story.  That's the way to have engaging content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod for the response :), however that is the requirement, which is why I was wondering about this option, since there is not much of a change, and I'm using this option for audio generation only.

I will certainly check that article though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources