Highlighted

Importing an OAM file into Captivate 2019

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a customer that has oam files they want used in our Captivate lessons.  When we've brought them into a CP2019 project they just show a graphic but there is no interaction.  Now I'm told it doesn't play from the timeline but when they play it in a browser it works.  SO maybe there isn't a problem.   Any advice on where I can go to learn more about OAM??

Thank you,

Susan 

Topics

Advanced, Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing an OAM file into Captivate 2019

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a customer that has oam files they want used in our Captivate lessons.  When we've brought them into a CP2019 project they just show a graphic but there is no interaction.  Now I'm told it doesn't play from the timeline but when they play it in a browser it works.  SO maybe there isn't a problem.   Any advice on where I can go to learn more about OAM??

Thank you,

Susan 

Topics

Advanced, Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OAM is a HTML animation. It can have interactivity, but if you want it to communicate with Captivate you'll need some JS scripting.

It is not the only functionality who plays only well with Preview HTML in browser, or even after publishing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that link. It was a lot easier when Edge Animate was still supported. Now OAMs need to be created with Animate CC which makes it more complicated. Never had issues with Edge Animate, which I still have installed. But the Edge family (most of them were wonderful) is no longer supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group