Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Content Package Error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm trying to upload and/or update a SCORM 1.2 project from Captivate 2017. I've uploaded the project successfully before, but now that I'm attempting to update it I get an error returned with

"Invalid Package

The specified file is not a valid SCORM, AICC, IMS or Tincan content package.

The file "tincan.xml" in the content package could not be parsed or every ancestor directory does not contains a single sub-directory. Please check that the file is well formed and valid or every ancestor direcotry contains only a single sub-directory."

This very well could be user error, but I have not changed the reporting settings for the project in between updates. I can't think of anything that would keep this from uploading correctly. I've even tried to upload the latest update as a new project itself and get the same error returned.

I've attached an screen cap of the reporting settings just in case that helps diagnose.

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

You are publishing at the same time to SWF and HTML. I would strongly advice not to do that anymore (had lots of problems with that pubolishing type). Publish only to HTML, please. (or only to SWF if that is required by the LMS). Since you do Report, CP will automaticallyc reate a zipped package, which has all the files needed for SCORM as well. Launch will be done automatically from the index.html file. If you insist on publishing to both SWF and HTML, laucnching should be done from the mutlisc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show your Publish dialog settings.  This type of error often relates to the way the final package is published as a zip archive.

You should let Captivate zip it.  Are you doing that or zipping the output folder yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is zipping the file for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are publishing at the same time to SWF and HTML. I would strongly advice not to do that anymore (had lots of problems with that pubolishing type). Publish only to HTML, please. (or only to SWF if that is required by the LMS). Since you do Report, CP will automaticallyc reate a zipped package, which has all the files needed for SCORM as well. Launch will be done automatically from the index.html file. If you insist on publishing to both SWF and HTML, laucnching should be done from the mutliscreen.html file, not sure his is automatically the case within your LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still returning as an invalid package even with just SWF selected.

The frustrating part of this is that this is part 2 of a 3 part training update, and parts 1 and 3 uploaded just fine using the exact same settings. I even built the entire project again from scratch and still nothing. I've also built other projects since this one (such as part 3 and two other ones) that worked just fine.. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why SWF? Next year, all Flash Players will be obsolete.

Try to upload to SCORM Cloud (free) to see if the issue is with Captivate or with your LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm 2x the filesize for SCORM cloud..

Just published it only as HTML5 and it seems to have uploaded properly. No error codes. Will this pose an issue for users accessing the course from different browsers? I'm not worried about mobile, but more so Chrome and IE.

Thank you so much for your help, by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome will be fine, would give problems with SWF perhaps. IE is a bad browser concerning HTML? especially old versions. FireFox, Edge are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to go. Thank you so much for your help. Glad it was something simple (user error). Enjoy the holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holidays? I don't live in USA - but in Belgium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources