• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Project Captions and Closed Captions "Microsoft Word has stopped working"

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Microsoft Word has stopped working"

I keep getting this error every time I import Project Captions and Closed Captions. I tried renaming the file from /AppData/, and delete Project Cache, and still got the same problem.

I reinstalled the Captivate but it worked but only for a few days. Any permanent solution out there? Thank you.

I'm using:

- Adobe Captivate 2017 Release 10.0.1.285

- MS Office 365 ProPlus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always ensure that the file I import is .doc not docx. This workflow has worked for me since Captivate 6. You may want to try that - I just finished a large project in 2017 using this approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take care to 'mothball' the Captivate CPTX immediately after you exported the captions for localization?

If not, and you continued to make changes to the project file, you may have a big problem getting it to accept the document import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "mothball" Captivate mean as clearly I'm not familiar with the term nor can I find a reference to it in search. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that Rod means (do not understand Australian neither) that you should not edit the cptx file, nor change the names of that file and the word-document before you have re-imported the Word file after translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources