• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Questions from GIFT - format of html text

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import questions from Moodle which I have exported to GIFT format they include the html text styles as text...any fix for this?Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.16.42 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember exactly when GIFT import was introduced in Captivate, but I'm sure it was not in 2012. Have impôrted quite a lot of GIFT questions since they appeared. CSV import only appeared with CP2017, but I largely prefer GIFT because it is easier to translate.

Another possible problem could be that you use extra features which were added recently in Moodle's GIFT. Can you post an example of the GIFT file you tried to import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got them to import - now the format is the issue - i updated previous to include screenshot of formatting issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a Mac user, I am aWindows user. That makes it difficult.

I suspect incompatibility in the theme which was not upgrade probably to the present version, and the old  project. Quiz slides are the most sensitive to updating. Did you update the Theme to the present version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I imported all the questions into a current build of Moodle - it's ok.  I've decided to reformat the questions using the .CSV files and then re-upload them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CSV is an alternative to import quesstions, not to format the question slides. Are you talking about Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources