Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing SCORM into Captivate for edit

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am really new to captivate, but have been asked to  copy/paste/edit some text from a SCORM package which i believe has been created in Captivate.

When i go to import, i cannot view the SCORM zip file to do so. Can some one help me open this package please.

Thanks

Leticia

TOPICS
Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the output was originally published to SWF, you won't be able to copy/paste/edit because the SWF is a compiled file, not just a text file.

So what type of output from Captivate are you dealing with here? Is it HTML5 or SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a .SWF file. Is there a way to 'crack' open the flash file to edit/update content and then save it into HTML5 presentatio?

Thanks

Leticia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some attempts at such conversions years ago when it first became apparent that SWF was going to die.  But nothing really came of them. Unfortunately it's not that simple.

You need to get hold of the original Captivate CPTX project file/s used to create the SWF output and then you will be able to open them in your current Captivate version to make the necessary changes (e.g. removing any SWF components or widgets and turning off options that are not supported in HTML5) before publishing out to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping to come back to this -- we publised our Captivates into files as HTML5 and have since lost access to the original captivate. Is there a way access the captivate file from the publised zip file for editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry but the answer is No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources