• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Improvements to the VR/360 slides anytime soon?

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just wondering if anyone is aware of the needed impreovements to the VR/360 slides in Captivate?

At the moment it is basically unusuable as a good user experience using 360 video or panoramas for Elearning.

For a start it needs the ability to add layers on top of the 360 layer to have content not effected by the 360 environment such as pop up info, tips, quiz questions, etc.

TOPICS
Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to log feature requests. Understand your frustration, but this is a user forum. Personally I am wondering about the percentage of developers needing this feature to be extended? I did create projects using 360 slides in combination with normal slides. Restriction: not viewable with goggles. At this moment with Captivate it seems to be the best way however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reaching ouit to other users to get their opinion. In all the years that I put in feature requests, nothing ever came of them. If developers do not require this to be extended then what is the point? I am in the learning community and our learners want more than linear slides being clicked now. I am now in talks with a 360 tour company who are embracing the need for 3good immersive 360 tours as learning content and are working to implement scorm tracking abilities with the power of the 360 tour functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had some feature requests which have been done, not all of them. My suspicion is that the number of users asking for a feature (or extension of a feature) is certainly a criterium. Wonder how many Captivate developers have the budget to embrace VR at this moment? There are indeed too may boring linear courses around, but that is more due to the skills of the developers than to the feature set in Captivate. Personally I cannot even remember  when I have designed a pure linear course in the past, maybe with the oldest versions of Captivate (1-2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources