• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imsmanifest missing when uploading scorm. Exists in the root folder (xAPI project)

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am trying to upload my zipfile to our LMS. Gets the imsmanifest error.
I have read trough the forum and checked my reporting settings. 
The imsmanifest file are located in the rootfolder. See attached images.

I do not would like to use reporting since I am using xAPI for the reporting but since I got the error I thought I needed to use reporting. I do not have any element in the project that reports so I guess that could be the problem. Any work around for this?

Thnx

manifest.jpgrapport.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no experience with xAPI reporting, but is available under Quiz, Reporting:

xAPI.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only times I have seen this error are either because the user has not configured Quiz Reporting (which you have done) or else because you have simply zipped the entire folder in which the SCORM files were published and thought that this zip file would be accepted by your LMS. 

Simply zipping the folder from the outside means that the imsmanifest.xml file is NOT in fact at the root level of the zip archive (even though it is at the root level of the folder inside the zip archive).  When the LMS unzips the SCORM it is NOT expecting to look for a manifest file inside a folder.  It's expecting to see the manifest file right there.

This is why it is always better to let Captivate create the SCORM zip by selecting the zip option in the Publish Settings.  Captivate creates this zip in the correct way by selecting all files INSIDE the folder and then zipping them, not from the OUTSIDE of the folder.

Is this possibly what has happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the later could be the key here.
I need to unzip and edit the html file and add som JS files to get the xAPI to work.
If I jus tunzip the file created from Captivate and zip it again with the same root file structure. Shouldnt that be ok then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I described above, you have to go INSIDE the folder where the content is located, select everything in that folder, and then zip.  I use Winzip.  So I just right click on the selected files inside the folder and choose the option in the menu that allows me to zip all files using the same name as the outer folder.  The zip archive then appears INSIDE the folder along with the other files.  That gives me a SCORM zip that is created exactly the same way that Captivate creates one, and I never have issues with importing that zip into an LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources