• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inaccurate Quiz Result

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2018. The quiz is branch aware (2 quizzes for 2 locations).

My problem is that one quiz reports just fine, but the other only allows a user to achieve a grade of 96% even if they answer all 25 questions correctly. The problem is not with the LMS; it also occurs when I do a project preview in Captivate.

The final score slide tells me...

You scored: 24

Accuracy: 96%

Maximum Score: 25

Correct Questions: 25

Total Questions: 25

I've done some troubleshooting already and have ruled out the following:

• There are no extra buttons anywhere in the project with the "include in quiz" setting enabled.
  • All questions are weighted properly with no penalties assigned.
  • The "Report Answers" box is checked on all necessary questions.
  • All question types are set to "Graded".
  • I've looked over the question slides that are specific to the quiz branch that's giving me the issue and all quiz slide and submit button properties seem to be normal.
  • I've gone through a review after passing the quiz to see if anything is being marked improperly and everything looks fine.

This test was copied and updated from last year's training, so very little has changed about it... I'm not sure if duplication perhaps is causing an issue?

I'm baffled. Has anyone else ever run into this type of issue?

Thanks,

Steve

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no CP2018. Either you have:

CP2017 which is version 10   or

CP2019 which is version 11

You tell that you don't have extra scored objects. Did you double-check in Advanced Interaction (F9)? It should show the sum of both branches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it must be 2017 then.

Yes, I checked Advanced Interaction. The sum of both branches appears to be accurate. All points appear to be assigned appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like one  answer is not transmitted.

To debug insert the system variable cpQuizInfoPontsscored in a text container, showed for the rest of the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a how-to post or link you would recommend that shows how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. I'm guessing those instructions must be for advanced users, though. I was lost by step one on both pages.

I ended up just deleting a slide and re-doing the quiz, deleting, re-doing, and so on until I finally got 100%. By process of elimination it wasn't long before I figured out which slide was creating the problem. So I removed that question, recreated it, and boom. Problem solved.

Again, thanks for your help. Have a good one.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displaying a variable was meant for newbies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - it was a 17 project that was update to 18 and now the quiz is stating that 80 points were achieved, actually there are 100 and only counts 80.  

How did you fix or know what slide was giving you trouble?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hiding question slides until you find the one/s that don't seem to influence the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  

I spent the whole day testing that yesterday.  Only to open a project today to have the same problem.  

I am at a loss.  So here I go again.  

Trying to find a solution.  

My questions are basic so this a disappointing  to have to spend this much time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether the questions are basic or not shouldn't matter.  And upgrading only one version at a time should also work without issue.

Is there perhaps any other information you might be able to add that could account for weird issues like this?  For example, are you working over a corporate network or NOT working on CPTX files are already located on your local hard drive?  Are there any non-standard objects included in this course content or the quiz? 

Just trying to find something that might account for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.  All my files are on a local network, cleared cache. I have tried all the helpful hints and I am only posting as my last resort.  

No non standard - just the basic T/f and M/c slides. We did change the colors to match our branding.  

Okay need to go preview!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have checked the Projects > Advanced Interaction screen to make sure the objects that are reporting to the quiz are only the ones that should be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first stop.  

There are 10 questions - 10 pts each

Answer all 10 correctly (all the prefs are the same)

Results

Get 80 pts

8 correct questions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Could you please show us screenshots of your Quiz > Reporting, Quiz > Settings, and Quiz > Pass or Fail screens so that we can see exactly how you have this quiz set up.

Another little test.  Set the passing score to 90% and then answer all questions correctly.  Does it then show your score as 90%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had the problem isolated  - deleted the slide and add blank question and I still received the same behaviour.

I have two questions slides still hidden so if should say 10 but only 8 are available.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you change the Quiz > Pass or Fail from Points to Percentage.  I also note that you have the Completion criteria set to require only that the learner accesses the content.  Try changing that to Quiz is Passed, same as the Pass/Fail criteria.  Don't set the number of slides that need to be completed.

Using points instead of percentage and not requiring anything more than accessing the content to complete it is not an ideal set up because on some systems the LMS loses all interest in scoring once it sees that the learner has both completed and passed the module.

See if these suggested settings make a difference to the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The completion criteria is an LMS issue with Absorb and my 16 previous courses all have worked.   I will change the to Percentage.  Did you notice the number next too Quiz/Fail options has (150) but there are not 150 points available.  I tripled checked advanced interaction to make sure there is not a strange object being scored.  

Back to preview...5 hours and counting   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember you said that this course was upgraded from an earlier version of Captivate (version 2017) but is it possible that it was actually upgraded from an earlier version of Captivate before that as well?  If so, you might be getting these strange results because your project is getting corrupted.

I see that your current project is Responsive.  There have been a number of issues with upgrading projects and then saving them as Responsive.

One thing that you can do to try and rescue the project it is to start a new responsive project in Captivate and then copy your current slides into it.  Sometimes this will get rid of corruption.  However, don't burn your bridges behind you.  Keep your older corrupted project handy just in case something is missing when you copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project has always been responsive.  We stated this project with 10 and I am not sure what my developer used.  I have always been using 10.  I tried doing that last week - but I run into the fluid box issue.  I do not use the fluid box and when I try to create a new responsive project it forces be to use fluid boxes.  this all started with 19 - I thought is was a general update and then I did not wan to lose a days work ...now I wish I would not have saved to 19.  I have 6 projects are hosed bec  ause of this and Adobe help has has not be helpful...update version, clear cache ya da ya da...  I just came back from a breakdown.  I have put all my resouces into this project and I simply can not afford to rehire a developer.   

I truly appriec ate your help and I am at a loss...

I and stil have 16 more to go... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleted the cache - set to 100% 

Removed the scoring.

It says I have 8 correct even though I answe red 10 correctly.  

Removed the quiz questions 

Put them back still the same issue.  

Thanks again for all your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources