• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect pronounciation

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get captivate to pronounce Greek letters and Roman numerals?  I tried to modify the dictionary:

lamely_0-1613533870402.png

Here I am trying to get it to pronounce linearity correctly.  When I try to save it, it will not let me save it.   Why?    Is this the right way to do it?  I am using neo speech Julie.  There are a few words it does not pronounce correctly like linearity, but I also need greek letters and roman numerals also.

I have captivate 11.5.5.676.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

I figured out that my directory was read only.  I changed that and now I can update my pronounciations.  For the Greek letters, I installed a Greek keyboard and typed a Greek letter in as a new word with the pronounciation and now that works.  the only thing I cannot get to work is math.   If I write 1 - μ, it does not say 1 minus μ, it just skips the minus part and says 1 μ.  I tried to put in a new word as 1-, but that did not work.  Anyone know how to get it to say minus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

I tried it again and 1- as a new word worked this time.   I am not sure why it did not work the first time, but now it is reading right,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that my directory was read only.  I changed that and now I can update my pronounciations.  For the Greek letters, I installed a Greek keyboard and typed a Greek letter in as a new word with the pronounciation and now that works.  the only thing I cannot get to work is math.   If I write 1 - μ, it does not say 1 minus μ, it just skips the minus part and says 1 μ.  I tried to put in a new word as 1-, but that did not work.  Anyone know how to get it to say minus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it again and 1- as a new word worked this time.   I am not sure why it did not work the first time, but now it is reading right,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources