Highlighted

Increment variable across unsynced sessions

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out a way to display what everyone answered on a quiz to the class in a connect session.

In the case of a true false question here was my plan:

Have a true variable, a false variable, and a total variable all start at 0.

When someone answers true, it increments the true and total 1, when someone answers false it increments the false and total 1.

On the final feedback page I could have it show True/Total and False/Total or create more variables that have the value in percentage of these.

I have this all working fine. My problem comes in that when you unsync in a connect session, when you bring the session back together synced, it basicaly only shows what the individual user did, instead of all users incrementing appropriately.

Is there any way to accomplish this across the unsynced sessions?

I have begun playing with assigning a userid value and recording their answer in that, but the problem becomes without knowing how many users in a session, I can't calculate this out properly, since they would all need to be added up, plus I would need potentially 60 user variables for each session, seems like a lot.

I am open to a different approach, trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Increment variable across unsynced sessions

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out a way to display what everyone answered on a quiz to the class in a connect session.

In the case of a true false question here was my plan:

Have a true variable, a false variable, and a total variable all start at 0.

When someone answers true, it increments the true and total 1, when someone answers false it increments the false and total 1.

On the final feedback page I could have it show True/Total and False/Total or create more variables that have the value in percentage of these.

I have this all working fine. My problem comes in that when you unsync in a connect session, when you bring the session back together synced, it basicaly only shows what the individual user did, instead of all users incrementing appropriately.

Is there any way to accomplish this across the unsynced sessions?

I have begun playing with assigning a userid value and recording their answer in that, but the problem becomes without knowing how many users in a session, I can't calculate this out properly, since they would all need to be added up, plus I would need potentially 60 user variables for each session, seems like a lot.

I am open to a different approach, trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?