Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite Loading on Preview

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon/Evening!

EDIT: To my knowledge, we are using the current version of Captivate.

Helping one of my co-workers with his Captivate project. We are getting an infinite loading screen when previewing in HTML5. I went thru Chrome's inspector and found this error:

index.html:148 Uncaught ReferenceError: cp is not defined
   at index.html:148
   at XMLHttpRequest.b.onreadystatechange (CPXHRLoader.js:39

Additionally, digging further, I found a reference in the error to cp.imageJSON string.

Funny enough, the project previews fine in SWF format and the HTML check shows NO errors in Captivate. Its only when he previews. I'm having him publish and upload to Prime to see if it works properly in our LMS.

The course contains 2 drag and drop slides alongside a short quiz. 

Anyone else experience this error or can assist?

Note: I saw somewhere Paul mentioned IT rights for JSON on company intranet. But, if that was the case, wouldnt that prevent ALL HTML projects from previewing, not just the one? 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Thanks for the idea. We did test it on our LMS overnight (Captivate Prime) and it failed there to.

A closer look at the Captivate course it was a duplicated Drag and Drop slide that was copy pasted. Some of the objects reference the prior slide. He recreated the slide manually and it solved the issue.

At least, this time, it was user error thankfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to check whether or not the issue is related to JSON not being enabled on the server, just set your project to be SCORM 1.2 and upload to SCORM Cloud.  JSON is enabled there.  So if the project loads without errors, you can more or less assume that the problem is with JSON on your local system.  Flash SWF content does not use JSON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the idea. We did test it on our LMS overnight (Captivate Prime) and it failed there to.

A closer look at the Captivate course it was a duplicated Drag and Drop slide that was copy pasted. Some of the objects reference the prior slide. He recreated the slide manually and it solved the issue.

At least, this time, it was user error thankfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources