• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Info need when publishing for an existing LMS.

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, 

I have a course created and ready to be published. The client has asked if they can now add this course into an existing LMS that they have already set-up (With a previous agency). I believe their LMS uses SCORM. I am not sure if the LMS is hosted with Captivate Prime or some other provider.

What steps do I need to take to get my course to intergrate with the existing one?

What kind of information do I need to get in order to publish this?

Do I need to find out the course identifyer and the SCO identifyer etc?

What settings/info will I need to match with theirs?

I have only ever created content within Captivate until now and the LMS side of things is new to me. So, apologies if my question is a bit... heavy.

many thanks.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ideally find out which version of SCORM they are using.  It will likely be SCORM 1.2 but could also be SCORM 2004.  Ask the LMS Admin if their LMS uses the Course ID and SCO ID configured inside the SCORM or whether the LMS over-rides this and arbitrarily assigns these things regardless.  If they DO require that your module configuration specifies the Course and SCO IDs, then ask them what you have to enter in the Manifest dialog in the Captivate Quiz Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I will add this to a list of questions and ask the LMS Admin. 

I will keep you updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources