• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insert video / youtube does not account for buffering and cuts the end off

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using Captivate 2019 V 11.5.1.499 to insert youtube video and it doesn't matter if I use "Media (button) / video" or interactive video, the result is the same:

• Captivate places a timeline element that is the duration of the video
  • you cannot extend the duration of the video on the timeline, properties or edit feature
  • eg. if a 10 second video buffers for 3 seconds before playback begins, then the last 3 seconds of the video are cut off

vidontimeline.JPG

Of course this is on slide video because Captivate won't allow youtube on Event videos.

Question: how do you extend the element to allow enough time for the youtube embed to fully play?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Hi Jeff, I've found that it cuts off the videos a little abruptly too. My favorite way to add in videos is as a web object, and then with the object you selected under properties, select embed code. There are a lot of great websites that will let you generate a custom embed code with the features you want. (ie/ closed captioning on, no youtube logo/branding, custom start and stop times, etc.) From there you can copy and paste the embed code into your Captivate for the Embed code. It works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I've found that it cuts off the videos a little abruptly too. My favorite way to add in videos is as a web object, and then with the object you selected under properties, select embed code. There are a lot of great websites that will let you generate a custom embed code with the features you want. (ie/ closed captioning on, no youtube logo/branding, custom start and stop times, etc.) From there you can copy and paste the embed code into your Captivate for the Embed code. It works great! 2021-01-29_14-07-36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robyn  that works so well!!  thank you! it seems strange to avoid the tools that say "video/youtube" but hey, I'll take the win, thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really related with the question, but I see that you are not yet using the most recent release which is 11.5.5.553. Please update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I wish I could, I work for a large organization and we get uupdates when IT schedules, which is hopefully soon. Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of my faves or generating the embed code: YouTube Custom Embed Generator - Classy Nemesis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources