• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation error code 146 Adobe Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on the IT Helpdesk for a company where a user has lost the original installer for Adobe Captivate 2017. We have tried to install the application using the website but it does not work and we get the above error.

I suspect the license she has is for the stand alone installer but the installers on the website are for the cloud installs?

She has a serial key for the software not sure how to progress.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, will try to give you some information.

There is NO difference between the version with subscription and perpetual license. It is a common misunderstanding that the subscription license is for a cloud-base application but that is not the case. Only the conditions are different.

Client should download the trial version of CP2017, most recent one which is 10.0.1.299 and install. When starting the application the serial number will be asked for, if it has not been used already on two systems. If it has been used on two systems, one of them needs to be deactivated.

FYI for a subscription license the Adobe ID will be recognized and the application will be activated. That is the difference, but the app is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks for clarifying after the user try's to install  the application but gets the above error. 

I have tried all the fixes on here but they don't work Resolve Error Code 146 or 147 encountered while installing Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

What should we do next?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is NOT a Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download "trial version of CP2017, most recent one which is 10.0.1.29" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Already tried this didn't work lol hence the error message at the top of the page that I was hoping to get some support on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources