Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing two different versions of Captivate on the same system

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Adobe Captivate 2017 installed on my system. And I would like to install Adobe 2019 on my same system, without uninstalling Captivate 2017.

Because my projects need me to work on two different versions of Captivate 2017 and 2019, I would like to understand if it is "possible" to install both the versions on the same system??

Kindly reply soon! This subject is important for us to resolve.

Best regards,

Rupali Desai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can.  Each will work independent of the other.  I have had about 5 versions of Captivate on my computer at a time without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would even recommend to keep both versions, which is perfectly possible with a subscription version. Having more than two versions is only possible if some of them have a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you install two versions? Due to some issues with 20019 v 11.5 I want both 11.0.3 and 11.5. I uninstalled 11.5 , reinstalled 11.0.3, then reinstalled 11.5 SPECIFYING a DIFFERENT install folder - and it seems to OVERWRITE my 11.0.3 installation anyway, ie the new folder I created is there but blank. Thx for any ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two different main versions is possible but you cannot have both 11.0.1 ane 11.5, because the last one is an update of the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources