Integrate Adobe Captivate Content into an existing ILIAS learning module (ILIAS LMS)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear forum readers,

We have a "legacy" in the form of SWF files which are integrated into an ILIAS learning module

In 2015, an internal "ILIAS learning module" was created on an ILIAS 4 instance, with many pages ...

In order to "loosen up" the whole thing, a number of "exercises" were created with Adobe Captivate 8. The exercises are actually more animations than "exercises", a learning progress or similar was never measured and tracked.
* These exercises were then saved in Captivate via SWF Export. No zip file as a scorm or something similar
* The SWF "Exercises" have been inserted into the respective pages of the ILIAS learning module as a "media object" at a suitable location.

With the end of Flash, the SWF will of course no longer run.

Perhaps anyone here with moodle
How can I get the HTML5 generated content into the current ILIAS 5 block editor with reasonable effort? I'm standing on the hose right now ... If the entire learning module had been created entirely in Adobe Captivate, then I would have simply exported it there as a Scorm and then imported it into ILIAS as such. That, too, sometimes causes problems, but I had already done this a couple of times on other projects. Unfortunately, this is now a hybrid form where an ILIAS learning module simply contains around 60 SWF blocks. MP4 export from Adobe Captivate falls out, because then all hovereffects etc are lost. Would be the wrong way too somehow. But with EXPORT via HTML5 / zip I somehow can't get it into the block editor of the ILIAS learning module. There the corresponding Scorm button is missing and we did not recognize the zip. Of course you could also put in the respective index.htm somehow, but how. Is everything probably a bit complex, or (I think so!) I'm just on the hunt for lack of experience =? Many greetings and thanks! DKK

TOPICS
Getting started, Import export, Quizzing and LMS

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very difficult to read this question. Probably copied from somewhere, and you need to scroll a lot horizontally.

Just want to tell that rollovers are not supported officially for HTML output. They will however show on laptops and desktops, but never on mobile devices.

Since you talk about animations, why not replace the SWFs by HTML animations? That suggestion is based on your description.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for answer. Since I´m not able to edit my initial post, i just made up the breaks 
(yes it was translated via google.. you were right)
Regarding your answer, i see. I was not aware how complicated the whole progress is,
i guess i will start like this:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/convert-to-html-from-swf-or-not/m-p/9794694
Any more sources on this topic. I guess i will have to think over...

Here my initial post with manual <br>:
We have a "legacy" in the form of SWF files which are integrated into an ILIAS learning module

In 2015, an internal "ILIAS learning module" was created on an ILIAS 4 instance, with many pages ...

In order to "loosen up" the whole thing, a number of "exercises" were created with Adobe Captivate 8. 
The exercises are actually more animations than "exercises",
a learning progress or similar was never measured and tracked. * These exercises were then saved in Captivate via SWF Export. No zip file as a scorm or something similar * The SWF "Exercises" have been inserted into the respective pages of the ILIAS learning module as
a "media object" at a suitable location. With the end of Flash, the SWF will of course no longer run.
Perhaps anyone here with moodle
How can I get the HTML5 generated content into the current ILIAS 5 block editor
with reasonable effort? I'm standing on the hose right now ...
If the entire learning module had been created entirely in Adobe Captivate,
then I would have simply exported it there as a Scorm and then imported it into ILIAS as such.
That, too, sometimes causes problems, but I had already done this a couple of times on other projects. Unfortunately, this is now a hybrid form where an ILIAS learning module simply contains
around 60 SWF blocks. MP4 export from Adobe Captivate falls out, because then all hovereffects etc are lost.
Would be the wrong way too somehow. But with EXPORT via HTML5 / zip I somehow
can't get it into the block editor of the ILIAS learning module.
There the corresponding Scorm button is missing and we did not recognize the zip.
Of course you could also put in the respective index.htm somehow, but how.
Is everything probably a bit complex, or (I think so!) I'm just on the hunt for lack of experience =? Many greetings and thanks! DKK

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines