Interactions

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use some of the interactions my captivate project just shuts down?  Captivate also shuts down when I have been working on it the whole day and my laptop gets hot.  Why is this happening as I am losing work and am not sure whether it can be recovered.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your laptop is getting hot, you may need to take it to a service center and ask them to open it up and blow out or vacuum out any fluff or dust that has built up in the cooling fan fins.  Laptops usually have air intakes underneath, close to the surface on which they are resting.  If you have ever opened up a laptop after years of use you may be surprised to see how much dust accumulates inside them.  The cooling fan blades and the cooling fins can often become completely choked.

So that might be one reason why your laptop is shutting down.  However, if you are able to start it up from cold and immediately see Captivate shut down simply by opening one of the Learning Interactions, that sounds like something quite different.

Does it do this with all interactions or just specific ones?

What happens if you open a new blank project and insert one of these problem interactions?  Does it shut down then, or only if this interaction is in your current project file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it only shuts down in my current project (gives me a message 'fatal' error.    I've just tried it on a new project and it didnt shut down.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  That's a useful clue.

I would suggest you delete the interaction/s you currently have in your problem project one by one and replace them with brand new learning interactions, attempting to republish after each one.  If you find that after replacing one or more interactions your problem disappears, then the issue may have been due to some kind of compatibility or corruption issue with those interactions.

However, as for your overheating issue, I still suggest you get your laptop cleaned for dust.  If it hasn't built up too far you can sometimes use pressure-pak cans of compressed air that you can buy from hardware or technology stores.  Even something as simple as putting the fine nozzle on your vacuum cleaner and VERY CAREFULLY holding it near to the outlet vents of your laptop may allow you to such out some of the dust.

I have cleaned all my own laptops for years now.  Sometimes I have found 5-10 mm of fluff backed up against the insides of the cooling vents.  Having a cooling fan going flat out most of the time (or a short time after starting up) is usually an indication that you need to do something.  If you leave this problem go too long you can damage the CPU in your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines