• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive screen - Click box or something else?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 8 with Windows 10. I have the latest download of Captivate.

This is a two-part question.

First, Adobe Captivate help tells me I can insert a click box by doing this:

1. Open the slide to which you want to add a click box.
  2. Select Insert > Standard Objects > Click Box. A click box appears on the slide.
  3. Size and drag the click box as desired.
  4. Double-click the Success, Failure, or Hint captions to edit the text.

My problem is with #2. My Insert menu does not contain "Standard Objects." Where did it go? If I'm not using a click box, what should I use? (see part two below).

Second: I'm not sure I know how to make things happen the way I want them to.

The screen below shows a picture  of the client, a transcript of what she said, and five possible responses. Feedback for two of the responses are shown, although they are stacked so you can only read one. They will all be hidden until a response is clicked. (The caption text boxes at the bottom and the feedback boxes at the top are not being used at this point.) Feedback should appear when the user clicks one of the possible responses and then clicks Submit (although I would be happy to let the Submit button go if that is possible). Clicking the feedback box hides it again. The user is free to click each response and close its feedback box multiple times. There is no "right" or "wrong" here, and it isn't a quiz.

It seems to me that I did this very recently, but I can't remember how. 🙂  I started out using the quiz multiple choice slide, but that's too restrictive. I know there's a way to do this ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI has been changed totally with 8, help is outdated. Insert menu is now

stripped out, all objects to be inserted are in the Big Button Bar. For the

click box, you need the button Interactive, for Tex caption button Text,

for image button Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot answer the other questions from phone, too complicated. You will

need advanced or shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Lilibiri. I've made it look complicated, but it really boils down to:

Click A (or B,C,D, or E);

Matching feedback appears;

click feedback box to make it disappear.

This is what I have figured out:

• The lettered boxes on the right can be buttons or smart shapes used as buttons. The only advantage I can see (at least in this one screen) in having them be smart shapes used as buttons is that the text can be left-aligned.
  • When the user clicks a lettered box, the appropriate feedback box opens.
  • I am setting up the feedback boxes as buttons so the user can make them disappear with a click.

Now I'm trying to make it so the user must close the feedback box to be able to click another lettered box. This means clicking the feedback button/box will have two effects: close the feedback box and "unlock" the lettered boxes.

Green boxes on left are not visible at open. Clicking a lettered white box (on the right) opens the appropriate green box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources