Highlighted

Interactive Video Closed Captioning not in XML

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 and the interactive video, with closed captioning added. The XML  does not push out the closed captioning text. We use the XML transfer for all of our localized content so this is a real issue. When I exported the Project Captions and Closed Captions the CC text from the interactive video did show up.

Due to our deployment standards, we can not use Youtube and have to the interactive video be hosted within the program, so I can not rely on the Youtube CC. Plus we use Vimeo and that is not supported for other education.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Views

92

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive Video Closed Captioning not in XML

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 and the interactive video, with closed captioning added. The XML  does not push out the closed captioning text. We use the XML transfer for all of our localized content so this is a real issue. When I exported the Project Captions and Closed Captions the CC text from the interactive video did show up.

Due to our deployment standards, we can not use Youtube and have to the interactive video be hosted within the program, so I can not rely on the Youtube CC. Plus we use Vimeo and that is not supported for other education.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Views

93

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain in more detail?

How are you adding the CC?

What do you mean the XML does not push?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current workflow is:

1) Add a slide for Interactive video. Add video from my computer. In the property inspector, I click on Edit video.

2) There is a 2nd tab for adding closed captioning. I add the closed captioning form our VTT files (I have to copy and paste as there is no way to import these files). Once I have the closed caption entered and timed. I select OK.

3) I then go to file and select export and select the XML.

4) These XML files are sent to our vendor for translations.

5) Upon XML files being returned from the vendor I import the new XML files.

We do steps 3-5 with other modules we produce and it does export the closed captioning. But with the cc tied to the interactive video, it does not export the cc.

If I export the Project Captioning and Closed Captioning document the cc is showing up in the last section (as expected), but it does not show up in the normal XML Export document.

This is a view from the Edit Video screen cc from the interactive video import

This is an image of the Export XML when I search for unique text that is only in the video cc this is what I get:

We have been using the XML transfers for our translations for the past 2 years - we localize into 30 languages - this is the first time it is failing me.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a script that gets all of the CC out of the CPM.js and displays in a popup window. Had to recode it when Captivate gave you the ability to change the CC format per slide, 2017 I believe.

Did it work in 2017 and not now?

I'd definitely report it as a bug.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 22, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the insight - we may go this route in the end.

With the interactive video being new in 2019 it is not an issue we have had in the past - but normally we do not add video to our modules as we use video in iframes within our main product. But the client requested it this way with questions - so we tried...

I came to the same conclusion you did - it is being reported as a bug. I just wanted to know if anybody else had a magic wand I was not aware of.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 22, 2019 0