• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video - Overlay slides moving position in Preview and when published to LMS

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a section of a video from YouTube. I overlay slides and knowledge checks during breaks between dialogue, but upon playback they move slightly to cut off the dialogue. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'playback'? Is that after publishing and uploading to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Preview the project or after publishing to LMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have this interactive video on the first slide? It seems to be a syncrhonizing problem.  My experiments with interactive video always were with Video Demo, and I planned where to put the overlay slides in advance, and did provide an audio pause at those locations. Of course that is not possible with an existing video, especially when it has to be streamed from YouTube nor VImeo.  You don't have that control for those videos. Suspect to have to find out by trial and error how much you have to move the interactive points on the Timeline. Use Preview HTML in browser while testing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate your time.  (I have the interactive video on slide 4 or 5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I cannot help more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri, is there an email address for Adobe Captivate help/support that you know of (I don't want to use the 'chat' function because the last time I did it took forever and the problem couldn't be resolved)? Thanks and sorry to bother you - this is my first post to Adobe Community - thanks for breaking me in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources