• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive video sync issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm finding that the timeline of interactive video gradually slides out of sync with the Captivate timeline on low bandwidth connections . Inaccurate interactive video is not worthwhile in my opinion. The video even somtimes unexpectedly jumps backwards after an overlay slide. I've confirmed the sliding behaviour by displaying the frame number in the video and the frame of the project. The slide was up to 2 seconds in a 54 second clip. The video and the project are both 30fps. The viewing platform is iphone 6 and Chrome on Windows.

I found that regular slide video does not have the same problem and stays fixed to the timeline. Are you aware of this issue , are there workarounds and is it being adressed?

Thanks Jorgen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video in eLearning is a great solution but if your user's bandwidth is an issue you may wish to consider alternatives. You might want to consider lowering the bandwidth of the video to provide your learners with a better experience versus quality of video.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bandwidth is not a prime concern, but things started playing up when I uploaded the module and watched it on my phone with a 4g connection. To confirm the video sliding I switched to 3g where it was much more pronounced. As the video is progressively downloaded it means a user on a regular connection could get very poor performance in some circumstances. Slide video is frame accurate to the timeline also on a 3g connection so not sure why this should not be the case for interactive video, seems like a bug that occurs when the overlay slides are inserted. The behaviour did not change much even with ultralow quality settings for the video.

Thanks Jorgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the video local or is it coming from YouTube or Vimeo? Have you reached out to Adobe for technical support?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to look at: Frame Rates.

Is the video using a different frame rate to your project?  Even a small difference of 1 frame per second would eventually build up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video is local and the frame rate for project and video is 30fps. I've verified with the same video that it works as expected as slide video. Have filed a bug report now, thanks for the suggestions! J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources