• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video with multiple choice

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the best way to create the following kind of project in Captivate:

It's about recognizing a sound in a language. I want there to be a video in which a person pronounces a sound, and the user has to recognize that sound and choose the correct sound in a multiple choice quiz. Can all this be done in one slide? There will be several sounds, each with their own multiple choice question, and I'd like there to be a way to shuffle the questions. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see a way to do this with interactive video. In an interactive video you can use Knowledge Check slides as overlay slides (no reporting possible). However each overlay slide appears at the frame where it is scheduled. Out of the box there is no way to have a random question (which would be necessary if you really want shuffling).  Random slides taken from a pool is a feature which is only possible for regular quiz slides, not for KC slides.

If you want random slides, you need to go with a regular cptx-project. You can have short slide videos on one slide, and have one or more random quiz slides right after the video slide. It should be possible to have remediation turned on, so that the learner is returned to the video slide if he fails to answer the question.

Video is 'heavy', would recommend to keep them short. Why is a simple podcast not possible instead of video, since the focus is on 'sounds'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources