• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Walkthrough - Non VR

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating Adobe Captivate 2019 as a tool to produce interactive 360-degree walkthroughs.

There are a few requirements such as

• Deployment as a 2D project viewed on a web browser. I do not want VR.
  • Navigation - multiple hotspots to other 360-degree images.

So far I have been able to produce an interactive project, however I do not like the way that text boxes and images appear when they are triggered from a hotspot. I would prefer them to appear flat for the user to see easier.

I would appreciate any input from users that have built 360-degree walkthroughs using Captivate 2019. Can it produce output somewhat similar to dedicated 360 walkthrough applications such as 3D Vista

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bit confused by your question. The first requirement:  have a look at the sample project provided with Captivate, you can watch it on a webbrowser, right? I don't even have goggles myself and have been blogging about both VR projects and 360 slides. Have a look at:

Tips and Tricks for VR projects. - Captivate blog

Timeline for 360 slides (static/video) - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, I like what's in the blog for 360 slides.

To clarify my question (sorry I wasn't very clear on that point). Yes, I can see how to create a project and view it in a browser. However the result seems intended for someone viewing the page in VR mode. Instead of being flat on the screen, all of the hotspot interactions such as text boxes and photos appear angular as if they are to be seen using a headset. From a web user point of view, this is annoying as they have to rotate and pan to view the interactive elements.

I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inserting 360 image/video is meant to be a solution not only for webbrowser but also for VR devices. I have o problem with the 'angular' look because it is consistent with the 3D look. Same with panning in all directions.

I wonder if you really want to use 360 image/video, why not use 2D images? I wrote out two workflows, providing assets for hotspots on a 2D image:

Hotspots in non-VR project? Workflow 1 - Captivate blog

Hotspots in non-VR project - workflow 2 - Captivate blog

Did you try the 'Guided' setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you Neil, I have a similar requirement and it doesn't translate well in a 2D projection. Given that it is a "solution not only for web browsers but also VR devices", perhaps a useful feature would be the ability to select whether text boxes and images display as 3D or 2D. Given that video displays in a 2D 'overlay', maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to have text boxes and images do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources