Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interesting "Error 404" predicament

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a problem that should intrigue the problem solvers amongst us.

I have published an Adobe Captivate 2017 project, uploaded it to Filezilla, and it works perfectly...almost.

I designed mainly so that it could be used on a Smartphone.

When I opened the link on my Android phone using Google Chrome, I was met with an Error 404 message.

Interestingly however, it works perfectly when I use:

- Incognito mode on Google Chrome

- The other internet browsers on my phone.

- My wife and colleague both use Google Chrome and it works fine for them.

- It works on EVERY other device/browser that I have. 

So I am perplexed as to why it doesn't work on my own phone!

I have tried deleting my Google Chrome history/cookies etc. but to no avail.

I'm aware this is more than likely a Google Chrome issue, but if anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated...

Here is the link in question if that helps...(you might learn a thing or two about Slope in the process....)

www.tacitlearning.ie/Slope_Infographic/index.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in Google chrome on my Samsung Note 3 (Android OS) and it worked fine. I don't have incognito mode turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya it's strange.

If I could be sure that it was ONLY my phone that this was happening to, it would be fine.

But I'm just worried that if I share it with a lot of people the same problem it might affect a small fraction of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried as well, Chrome on HTC U12+

Works perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is to an insecure server (http://). Browser security settings may block this link on certain networks due to the security risk. Can you use a secure server for your content (https://)?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that sounds like it could be my problem alright Paul.

Have you any links to a tutorial on exactly how to do this?

My skills in this field wouldn't be very strong!

I'm using Filezilla Client...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry, no tutorial. It depends mostly on your web server itself. I know that with AmazonAWS, which is what I use, it generates secure links by default. My understanding is that Filezilla is simply a file transfer protocol software, in other words, a file uploader. I think it more depends on the server itself (where the content is going).

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seconding Paul's comment - check with your web server folks to see how to implement https. It might be as simple as checking a box on your domain's control panel, and might be as complex as setting new domain paths. HTTPS is so standard these days that it should be easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources