• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interface labels in Spanish

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to publish several courses that are in Spanish, but I can not seem to get Captivate to publish the course with the Spanish words (or any other language I tried).

"Slide title" and "Duration" in the TOC and "Minutes" in the lower left corner timer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Paul,

I tried using the method you mentioned using the ini file and that did not work for me. I published an existing captivate course.  BUT, your comment made me think and I was able to locate where Captivate publishes those labels.  It is in the CPM.js file.  I edited those words directly in the file.  I'll document it in case we need to publish these Spanish courses again.

Anyway, thank you very much.

I still can't believe the "Publish settings" after selecting a language doesn't do this. Obvi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a  Spanish version of Captivate or English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the English version, but you would think this drop down for publish options would work for this wouldn't you?  I don't see anything that the dropdown selection is even changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  For those particular words it's automatically picking up which version of the OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this video a year or so ago. It might help you with creating alternative language text labels but keep in mind that some of these steps will only work with new projects and will not update existing text for projects. Hope you still find it useful: https://youtu.be/PfIV2nXSAtQ

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

I tried using the method you mentioned using the ini file and that did not work for me. I published an existing captivate course.  BUT, your comment made me think and I was able to locate where Captivate publishes those labels.  It is in the CPM.js file.  I edited those words directly in the file.  I'll document it in case we need to publish these Spanish courses again.

Anyway, thank you very much.

I still can't believe the "Publish settings" after selecting a language doesn't do this. Obviously this should be a functionality request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do fill in the feature request form. Localisation is always painful, Captivate has added already many features to facilitate localisation (Preferences, Defaults in Quizzes and sims), more than other Adobe applications. However the TOC is still left out. Here is a link to the request form:

Adobe Captivate: 1 (allegiancetech.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that does help people who use the Captivate testing slides, but for me, using my own (much better) testing system, it looks like the localization features do nothing at all.

I will submit that feature request.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what this has to do with testing, but maybe I am too dumb.

Have Preferences set up for multiple languages and import the required Preferences file before creating a project. Have themes in different languages, use the Word import/export and GIFT import for quiz slides, which are much easier to translate. Maybe you expect a miraculous button to localize? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paul's video explains how to localize in testing. That is what my comment was about.

I expect a publish option with a dropdown with languages to change a few labels in the interface. I wouldn't consider that a 'miracle'.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources