Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermediate Score Slides

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
I would like to try the following tutorial: Intermediate Score Slides - Captivate blog

However, I am totally new to variables and advanced actions. The author suggests that:

• v_geoscore, v_geoqst, v_geoperc will store values of score/correct questions/percentage for the Geography quiz

Now, I have figured out how to create those variables. But how do I make them store the values of score/correct questions/percentage? Also, the author has created the slides GeoScore, Pol Score and Gnrl Score to display the indermediate results. But how do I create my own score slides?

I am very sorry, as I have shown above, I'm totally new to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am the author. Everythin is explained in that blog post, did you read till the end? I explained how to fill the variable using the existing quizzing system variables. Inserting variables in a text container is also explained in a more recent post:

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

A list with quizzing system variables - I used some of them -  can be downloaded from this post:

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog

You have to use events, to trigger the actions described in the blog.  Since that blog is pretty old (although it still is visited frequently) the advanced actions dialog box has changed in CP2017. If you are using that version or CP2019, you can find an in-depth explanation of the functionality of the new dialog box:

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017/2019 - Captivate blog

Sorry for  all the links. As a newbie you probably have not yet created advanced actions, reason for those links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources