I am trying to publish a responsive course and get the below messages. There are no special characters and Show Playback Control is checked. I'm not sure what I can do to correct this error. My file only partially publishes. Any ideas?
It is a SCORM course, correct? Which version are you using, check under Help, About Captivate and give the full version number?
Are you on Mac or Windows?
Yes, it is a SCORM course. I am using version 18.104.22.1686.
If you are on Windows, do you run Captivate as Administrator? I had once issues publishing because I didn't start it with that feature.
Yes, I am running it as an admin. I've never had this issue before.
In that case it looks, like Rod points out, that something is corrupted in that project. Please try to follow his directions.
Sometimes there may be something on one or more of your slides in the project that will be causing the publish to fail.
To isolate where the issue is located, take a copy of your project to use for testing, and hide different groups of slides before trying again to publish. If by hiding some group of slides you can now get the project to publish, use a process of elimination to find the slide where the issue is located and then go through that slide dragging one object at a time into the scrap area before republishing again.
If this is the issue preventing you from publishing then eventually you should be able to locate the offending slide or object.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up having to go to a previous version and re-create a bunch of the slides. It published correctly so I guess the file got corrupted.
Kind of a specific scenario maybe, but...
I noticed that I get such errors when during an attempt to publish a project I have the target location open in Windows Explorer. Closing the Explorer window, or just navigating away from the target path fixes this.
That is indeed a weird solution....but if it works.
Sounds like your system is putting a file lock on the open (visible) location - like trying to save a file in an editor when the same file is open in a viewer or other application. Good you found such an easy fix, though.