• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to publish a responsive course and get the below messages. There are no special characters and Show Playback Control is checked. I'm not sure what I can do to correct this error. My file only partially publishes. Any ideas?

Internal.jpgFail.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Sometimes there may be something on one or more of your slides in the project that will be causing the publish to fail. 

To isolate where the issue is located, take a copy of your project to use for testing, and hide different groups of slides before trying again to publish.  If by hiding some group of slides you can now get the project to publish, use a process of elimination to find the slide where the issue is located and then go through that slide dragging one object at a time into the scrap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a SCORM course, correct? Which version are you using, check under Help, About Captivate and give the full version number?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a SCORM course. I am using version 11.0.1.266.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows, do you run Captivate as Administrator? I had once issues publishing because I didn't start it with that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am running it as an admin. I've never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it looks, like Rod points out, that something is corrupted in that project. Please try to follow his directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes there may be something on one or more of your slides in the project that will be causing the publish to fail. 

To isolate where the issue is located, take a copy of your project to use for testing, and hide different groups of slides before trying again to publish.  If by hiding some group of slides you can now get the project to publish, use a process of elimination to find the slide where the issue is located and then go through that slide dragging one object at a time into the scrap area before republishing again.

If this is the issue preventing you from publishing then eventually you should be able to locate the offending slide or object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up having to go to a previous version and re-create a bunch of the slides. It published correctly so I guess the file got corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of a specific scenario maybe, but...

I noticed that I get such errors when during an attempt to publish a project I have the target location open in Windows Explorer. Closing the Explorer window, or just navigating away from the target path fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed a weird solution....but if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your system is putting a file lock on the open (visible) location - like trying to save a file in an editor when the same file is open in a viewer or other application. Good you found such an easy fix, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this happen to me yesterday and I can confirm that RodWard's technique actually helped me with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources