• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intro Music Glitch Between Slides

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .cptx presentation that starts out with a few measures of music playing over 2 slides. There is a glitch, or dropped beat, between the first and second slide that I can't get rid of. I also have a few measures at the end that spans two slides, but I don't have the glitch on that end.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, were you able to find a fix or at least a workaround?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

I recommend you add two new slides in front of the ones where the glitch occurs and first add your audio across them without any other components.  Check to see if the glitch is present.  If not, start adding components from the previous slides and keep testing.  If you have successfully added all components from the previous slides without the glitch reappearing, put the issue down to corrupted slides and delete the old ones.  You win.  If you see the glitch reappear at some point while adding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Which type of project? How did you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri,

My version of Captivate is 10.0.1.285. The slides over which the music occurs are just regular slides, not video demo or software simulation. I've tested using different browsers, on my local machine, loading the files up to a company web server, same result every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you add two new slides in front of the ones where the glitch occurs and first add your audio across them without any other components.  Check to see if the glitch is present.  If not, start adding components from the previous slides and keep testing.  If you have successfully added all components from the previous slides without the glitch reappearing, put the issue down to corrupted slides and delete the old ones.  You win.  If you see the glitch reappear at some point while adding the components, you have found the cause of the glitch.  You win again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod. I'll give that a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, and everyone who responded. That worked. Found the offending object, removed and smooth sailing.

Fix noted for future reference.

Take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, out of curiosity, what did the "offending object" turn out to be?  That piece of information might prove very useful to someone else that finds this thread when they have a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

The object was a button used to pause the slide until the play button on the play bar is clicked. Button gone and the music plays through two slides with no glitch. Only trouble is that now, the second slide advances despite setting the on exit to pause. Maybe I’m not clear on how that setting works?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a bit of trouble understanding the way Pause and Pausing points are working. It is not unusual, a majority ov CP users have problems with understanding Pausing of the Timeline. I have publshed a lot of articles about it and presented several times at Adobe conferences. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Or watch this movie:

Pause Types

Captivate's Timeline

If you had a button with the command 'Pause', slide audio and object audio will be paused.  The On Exit event of a slide is not to be trusted, should be used only in rare situations when you are sue the last frame of the slide will be visited. If you pause On Exit, that pause happens after leaving the slide. Have several other posts on my blog. But it will already take a while before you'll see this comment, because of the hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri.

You’re right. I haven’t been working with CP very long and have much to learn. So far, i’ve found a way to do whatever I’ve needed to.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JShannon,

Your issue may be some sort of glitch.  However, below are two possible works around.

One Possible Work Around:

Combining Content:

Not sure how painful this would be for you, but you might consider combining the content of the two slides and adding the audio to that one slide. 

You would then only have one slide instead of the two.  On the timeline:  When combing the content, be sure that after the first portion of content ends fade it out. Then have the second portion of your content set to appear timed with the audio.

Another Possible Work Around:

Split The Audio:
If you decide to split the audio, split it in a place that works for you as far as how it sounds.  Add first part of audio clip to the first slide and the second audio clip to the second slide.  

Important:  Make sure you have no transition set between the first and second slide.  This setting is under the Timing tab.

Thanks and good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources