Highlighted

Is Captivate 2019 'glitchy' or is it just me?

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm using Captivate 2019 version 11.0.1.266 on a PC.

I'm experiencing lots of 'odd' behaviours such as changes not saving, actions not applying correctly, when i apply audio across a number of slides it will lengthen one of the slide durations and all others remain the correct time... lots of weird issues.

In other applications I save to files on a server but with Captivate i have to save locally but even then I'm having problems.  At first i thought it was just me but i seem to be finding more and more niggles every time i use it...

is anything odd happening for anyone else?  I've uninstalled the application and reinstalled but nothing i do seems to be making a difference...

I'm contemplating switching my software to Articulate..?

Many thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Captivate 2019 'glitchy' or is it just me?

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm using Captivate 2019 version 11.0.1.266 on a PC.

I'm experiencing lots of 'odd' behaviours such as changes not saving, actions not applying correctly, when i apply audio across a number of slides it will lengthen one of the slide durations and all others remain the correct time... lots of weird issues.

In other applications I save to files on a server but with Captivate i have to save locally but even then I'm having problems.  At first i thought it was just me but i seem to be finding more and more niggles every time i use it...

is anything odd happening for anyone else?  I've uninstalled the application and reinstalled but nothing i do seems to be making a difference...

I'm contemplating switching my software to Articulate..?

Many thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any of the issues you describe at all. The nly problem at this moment is with Vdieo Demo, where the speed for Zoom out following on a Zoom in is not respected.

I hope you did clean the Preferences when installing CP2019 and the patch to 11.0.1.266? That you Run Captivate as Administrator if you are on Windows.

This is a user forum, go ahead if you think that Articulate has the same features and has no bugs. Try it out. I see exactly the same 'threat' from Articulate users about the bugs they have, and much more about the limitations (more particularly about style control, and responsive projects).  Feel free to choose the tool you prefer, personally I have mad my choice and am still happy with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 0
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you now you mention it I also have the problem with video demo..

Yes i have done all the things you suggested... it may be that it's conflicting with something on my PC so I'll persevere for a while longer.  Thank you for replying.

Kim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A conlfict which was reported many times in the past (not sure about the most recent version) is the presence of (corrupt) fonts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 0