• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to dynamically control the frame rate?

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a course where the learner watches a video and is supposed to identify micro-expressions on a person's face...when the expression starts, when it peaks, and when it ends.  

I'm able to use micro-navigation (thank you Lilybiri) to allow the learner to move an embedded video forward and backward frame by frame.  But, my client wants the learner to be able to watch the video at full speed, 1/2 speed, 1/4 speed, etc. to locate the expression and then narrow it down to specific frames (or range of frame).  Some of the vidoes are 10-seconds long, but some are 2-3 minutes, so stopping the video and going one frame at a time is going to get tedious.  

Is anyone aware of a method to dynamically change the FPS?

Any and all help is greatly appreciate.

v/r

Jay

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use micro-navigation to move more than one frame ahead or back as well. You can even put the number of frames to move in a user variable,s and let it define by the learner. Or even do some calculations if you let the learner enter a time: move 0.1sec ahead, back.

As for a dynamic FPS, maybe with JS. Wait for the many JS experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri.  I was thinking this morning that maybe I could fake it with an advanced action...While X = X expression cpCmndGotoFrame... and string those together, but I don't think it will work "well" with only 0.1 seconds to work with.  I think you're probably right that JS will be the solution if there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works well with micro-navigation. I was talking about the speed to be set with JS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources