• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to have cursor effect like in camtasia specifically "magnifier, spotlight, etc..

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating captivate 8 as an alternative to camtasia. One effect we like to use on our demo videos is where the whole screen is darkened and there is a spotlight that follows the mouse cursor around. Does anyone know if this is possible in captivate, if so how?

I am also looking for a magnifier effect, that, again follows the mouse and magnifies the surrounding area.

Any help here is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on the 2nd one. But first one can be done. Check out this link:

http://iconlogic.blogs.com/weblog/2013/04/adobe-captivate-highlight-boxes-in-reverse.html

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sreekanth, question is about the video demo. Highlight box is static, will not follow the mouse cursor around in the video. You can add such a highlight box but it will remain static.

@future-route Camtasia for pure screencast video is superior to Captivate HD Video demo, and those features prove it. If you only want to make videos, Camtasia is the best tool, but if you want to create interactive eLearning assets, the other features of Captivate cannot be beaten by Camtasia.

Liybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also face same issue then i came to know about the blog which have the camtasia alternatives like wondershare which really helps me in doing the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources