Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to hide content slides on Quiz retake

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

Is it possible to hide all content slides when allowing multply attempts at a quiz, I have around 10 modules in a elearning package and each has a 2-3 question quiz after the module and I would like to be able to let the delegate retake either the entire course which i would just use a button and reset the quiz via javascript and jump to start slide or just retake the quiz without content slides showing inbetween the quiz question. Is this possible and could anyone give me some guidance in doing so.

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why JS? I wanted to help you with a simple advanced action, but I don't know how you did set up the JS instead of using the default design of the score slide. That means that I have no idea if the system variable cpQuizInfoAttempts is incremented as normally is the case when using the Retake button on the score slide. 

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

I do not need to use JS if it is possible using advanced actions I am happy to do it that way. I was not sure if the advanced action was capable of what i need to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did read this sentence 'use a button and reset the quiz via javascript ', that is why I asked for the script. Normally answers in the quiz are reset by clicking the Retake button on the score slide. I suppose you want to have it reset even if the learner chooses to retake the course from start, but if he chooses not to retake everything you want the content slides to be skipped. 

The Retake button will only appear if the learner fails, I don't think you want the 'extra' button for retaking the complete course to appear in that case? 

I have written multiple blogs about tweaking quiz and score slide, but not this specific use case. Have an idea how to do it by a modification of one of my blogs, but maybe you prefer JS anyway. If a JS expert pops in, will step away. Here is the blog I refer to:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/08/retake-course-retake-quiz-first-failure/

For the skipping, have posted that several times in this and other forums, but will need also a slight modification.

You will need one user variable, a custom shape button and a custom message on the Score slide, one advanced action On Enter for the score slide, and a shared action to be used On Enter for each first quiz slides after the modules. They are not really complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources