• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to linking to external HTML (Confluence to be specific) content with a pop-up or inline within the Captivate course.

Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am creating a quiz and I wish to direct the student to content in Confluence. I know I can provide a URL to the content – clicking the link opens a new browser tab, but is it possible to show content inline (within the Captivate course frame) or as a pop-up?

I suppose this question is more related to asking if there is any way to interface between Captivate and Confluence content, in order to allow Captivate lessons to include dynamic content. Rather than requiring editing and publishing every time content is changed. In other words, I would like to have a "window" to constantly changing Confluence pages, shown within the Captivate lesson. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Web Object.  That allows you to insert external content in an iFrame within a Captivate slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RodWard.

I tried it. Strangely, it appears to work while still in the editor mode, but when I publish a preview, it just shows a blank page. I'll try publishing to my LMS to see if it really works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is HTML5 content then you would be best to test it from a web server environment.  LMS is also a web server.  Testing something like this locally from your hard drive is likely to run into browser security restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
All my tests failed miserably.

For a link to Confluence (Cloud) content:

The editor mode correctly shows a login from the Web Object frame:

But when I publish, this page is blank.

I also tried linking to a Google Drive video. In editor mode, I see:

But again, when I publish, it is just a blank page.

What am I doing wrong?  Or is this just not possible?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you may be running into file permission issues.  Many systems actively prevent their content from being hijacked and displayed by other websites.  It's possible that could be what you are seeing.\

I would suggest you first try displaying some web page that requires no logins to see whether or not that is even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources