• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to open the course in new window in ipad?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having an issue with the captivate 2017 responsive course. I want to open the course in new window of Safari in ipad, instead of opening the course in new Tab. i want the course alone in the window, there should not be any other Tab open along with the course Tab.

Is it possible to do so in captivate? or by using any external coding?  If anyone have tried this before please let me know, how can I fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Vimal Kumar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm:

• are users clicking on a link/icon in a web page to start the course?
  • what browser are you using? Is it part of an LMS?

If the users need to browse to a page and click on a link to start the course, you can always add a target=_blank in the <a href tag that contains the link to your starting point. This should start the course in a new window/tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you can actually have two separate instances of Safari on an iPad?  I thought it was only ever possible to have one, but that single instance of the app was capable of having more than one tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot have a new window on an iPad. There is only one Safari window and any commands to open a new window will result in a new tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I kept my answer generic 'tab/window' to allow for other browsers than Safari: Chrome, Edge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric,

1. yes, users are clicking on a link/icon in a web page to start the course.

2. Safari. (or it can be any other browser but i want to open the course in new window in Ipad only.)

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources