• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a place where an older version of the project is saved?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted 2 slides (when I was trying to learn something new i ...) and because Im always  saving - I noticed it too late 😞

Is there a way to recover them?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

If you are using the most recent version of Captivate (11.5) you should have a backup project, stored in the same folder as your project. That option is activated by default under Preferences, General Settings. If you use an older version, please activate it for future projects.

If you can find the appropriate folder in the Cache (look at the dates) you can compress that folder and it could have a previous version of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the most recent version of Captivate (11.5) you should have a backup project, stored in the same folder as your project. That option is activated by default under Preferences, General Settings. If you use an older version, please activate it for future projects.

If you can find the appropriate folder in the Cache (look at the dates) you can compress that folder and it could have a previous version of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the  Adobe Captivate Cached Projects and have backup

so taht is good...

how do i open it?

try wirh "new project " and with "Open"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to zip the folder, then replace the extension by cptx and try to open it. Not sure it will work, but there is some chance it will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help!!!!
Sadly at this point the explanation of how to open the backup sounds like Chinese to me - very complex... 🙂

and i also like to open it along side to the corrent project and not to replace it....
So I am currently preparing the slides once more

meyby one day in the future i will come back to this 🙂

have a good day

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a little more detail about how to recover a project from the cache, look here:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/recover-corrupt-project

Scroll down to the heading: Recover a project from cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sincerely hope you have at least activated the Backup copy in Preferences, since you seem not to have the most recent version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily
I did (see below) and I do believe I have a recent version - as i bought CP 2 month ago....
do not know were I look for the versionnumber ...so...

thank you 🙂
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything 'below'.

The exact version number is under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added picture - did not take... 
i have attached it here again...

im updated to 11.5.1

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did see the screenshot this time. You updated now, but you didn't have a backup wihen you posted the question, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good Morning 🙂

Look like I had a backup, yep

Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't understand what I tried to explain in my first answer. You have a REAL backup file in the same folder as your project files, which is indicated in the Preferences as the 'publish at' folder. Such a backup file looks like this:

xxxx.cptx.bak   where xxxx is the name you used for your project.

To open such a backup you just have to delete the second extension '.bak' and you have a project file (maybe you want to edit the name xxxx as well).

What you show me in the most recent screenshot is the Cache folder. I pointed to it, before I knew the version number 11.5 where backup is activated by default. That is another way to recover a backup file, but a lot more complicated and not always guaranteed to be successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources