• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change the submit button state after validating a multiple choice quiz

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I created a Question Slide with one multiple choice in it.

When I play it in preview, I click one of the anwser and hit sumbit. Then I have my feedback message displaying and the submit button stays on it's rollOver state.
Next step is to click anywhere on the screen to continue. (just as in this example Adobe Captivate - Different Feedback for Each Answer - YouTube )

Thing is I would like to change the submit button text to "Continue", instead of adding "Click anywere on the screen to continue" in my feedback message. So is there any way to add a state to this submit button that's placed there by default when creation a multiple choice?

Since my app will only be used with a touchscreen, the only walk around I found was changing the rollOver label for "Continue" but that's not ideal

Thank you for any help or tips!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, something is awry in your reasoning. The Rollover state will only be left on IF the mouse remains over the button. Not sure even if it wll shwo up on a touch screen.  Your solution is not water proof at all.

Moreover, since quiz buttons can only be one of the legacy types: Text, Image or Transparent buttons, you cannot even add a custom state to those buttons at all.

I have a tweak, but it is not that simple. It will appear soon in one of the posts in my series about Quizzing. I don't want to post it as an answer for reasons which I don't want to explain again.

If you are on CP2019 and used the overlay quiz slides in a VR project, you will have seen that they have implemented tthat change to a Continue button. I have some hopes that the same will be done in the future for other quiz slides. Maybe if you are patient? Or do I have to hurry with my tweak post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an idea that might accomplish what you want to do. I've often used this solution when clients don't like the "Click Anywhere to Continue action."

I create my own custom caption using a shape and whatever message I want on it. I add an overlapping shape to be my Continue button and use it as a button with the action Go To Next Slide. You can overlap the button on top of the caption or you could simply place the button on top of your submit button. I group these two objects together and label them something like Success_Caption as I've done below. Set your On Success action of your question slide to Show and then select the Success_Caption. If you have the possibility of users returning to this slide you would want to create an On Enter action for the slide (or advanced action if you have more than one) to set the visibility of the grouped object back to not visible in output.

2019-03-09_23-05-30.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This old tweak was described in detail in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/question-question-slides-in-captivate

It used to work pretty well for SWF output. However at this moment there are several issues which make this not a good solution anymore/

• You cannot have custom objects on top of the embedded Quiz objects. For SWF there was a workaround, not possible for HTML output.
  • For HTML output you cannot have two interactive objects in the same location, even if they do not appear at the same time. The setup used in Quiz slides for VR projects is impossible for HTML output.
  • This workflow is impossible for a responsive project with Fluid Boxes if using the normal quizzing master slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve is correct. I've realized that when I have used this in the past I have only placed these types of objects in blank areas of the slide so they don't interfere with question slide objects. If that works for you then great. If not I don't think I can offer a solution at this time.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your fast anwsers! I decided to make my own custom quiz, less complicated in the end beacause it's way more flexible, following some of your youtube videos Paul! So thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But you will lose functionality like resetting answers, Review

functionality. Have created tons of custom questions since 10 years. It is

for sure better for control but way more work even if you are skilled with

shared and advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources