• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make a hidden object "not selectable" until is is shown?

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a Smart Shape (InfoBox1 is the object name) that is set to hidden when the slide loads, by way of the slide's properties (Properties, On Enter, Hide, InfoBox1). It works fine, except that in Chrome and Edge (not in Firefox), if you click on the slide where the InfoBox1 shape is, even though it's hidden, the outline of the box is visible. I'd call this a focus indicator, except that, while hidden, the InfoBox1 object is not in the focus order (i.e., you can't tab to it). Is there a setting that will not show this box if it's clicked? I'm aware that going to preferences and selecting "Hide selection rectangle for slide items in HTML" works, but it also hides the focus indicator for other items, which isn't great for accessibility, so we can't use that. I'm hoping for a setting to make it not show the rectangle when clicked.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not likely ideal if you have to do this for lots of items but if it is just a one-off thing perhaps it will suffice.
Perhaps worth a try.

Instead of hiding the box onEnter - click the little eye next to the field where you named it.

Then for the onEnter action,  choose  Execute JavaScript

In the pop-up box, enter this code but change the name  InfoBox1  to make sure it matches whatever you named your object. Just be careful not to lose the  re-  in the beginning and the  c  at the end and names are case sensitive.

cp.hide("re-InfoBox1c");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is an interactive object, have you tried using an Advanced Action On Slide Enter not only to Hide the object but also to Disable it as well?  Perhaps the outline will disappear when both actions are performed.  I haven't tested this but you might want to give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't try that either.

That's worth a shot.

Good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources